Hello! Welcome to Ivory Pumpkin. Here you'll find snippets of things that I like and, hopefully soon, of things that I've created. Please stay awhile and browse.







Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Joyful Monday....oops, Tuesday....crap! It's almost Wednesday......

Where does the time go! Too busy at work and at home but, it's all good. Earlier this week I splurged and bought some shoes. This is what they look like.

I saw them and had to have them. I was in desperate need for some comfortable shoes and these fit the bill. I love the color too. It's what is inspiring me to write about for Joyful Monday....Red!

I love red! It's one of my favorite colors. There are so many reds to choose from - fire engine red, candy apple red, vermillion, deep wine reds, cherry red, ruby red, cardinal red, the list could go on...

Red evokes love and passion and, dare I say, it can be a little naughty too! I don't know about you but, when I put on red lipstick I instantly feel a little sexy. They say every woman should have a little black dress but, I prefer a little red dress. You get the same effect but, with a little punch! The same goes for red shoes....some red high heel shoes with a black outfit, it makes a statement. I have a dark red pair with pointy toes that I splurged on a few years ago. I feel so grown up when I wear them.

Here are some pics of red things that I think are beautiful in red. I hope you like them. What do you like in red?

Gown by Nina Ricci



Red Ballet Shoes Stock by *MirandaRose-Stock on deviantART

Poppy Wonderland
Photo by Carl Loves Somerset http://www.flickr.com/photos/32081016@N07/


Very cabley mittens!
Mittens by Grace and Alice Schnebly



Heart
Photo by Sayed Mostafa Zamani http://www.flickr.com/photos/seyyed_mostafa_zamani/4266283238/

Red Velvet Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Photo by Lisa Roberts http://www.flickr.com/photos/littleacornstudio/

4 comments:

  1. I love your new shoes. I'd probably wear them underneath that Nina Ricci dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my,I'm SO loving those shoes too...I could scream ..that is how much I love them, LOL...You need to link up to Rednesday girl..this is the absolute perfect post for it..Those ballerina shoes are oh my!! I used to be a dancer for quite some time..still am, but not taking classes anymore..just shaking my bootie when I go out,,LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yoour new shoes are adorable! And I love your red choices - especially that red velvet cupcake. :) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. ~i love red...especially shoes or a hangbag...ok maybe a necklace and ring oh and i have my favorite ruby red sparkly nail polish too...it does give an uplifting sense to our inner spirit...a great little sassy post...warm wishes and brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete