Hello! Welcome to Ivory Pumpkin. Here you'll find snippets of things that I like and, hopefully soon, of things that I've created. Please stay awhile and browse.







Thursday, May 5, 2011

New York Street Games

Has anyone seen this documentary? It was on last night as part of the pledge drive for one of the local affiliates. It was great. I talked about all the games the kids used to play in the urban areas of New York - stickball, war, kick the can, hopscotch, etc. I’m not from New York but, had the same experiences playing in the streets with my friends. There were guest commentaries from Regis Philbin, C. Everett Coop and several others that grew up in the area.

It brought back memories of playing hide and seek in the neighborhood for hours in the summer, even after it got dark. Too bad kids these days (at least most of them) don’t have that same experience of the freedom of playing in the street. I think the last few generations are truly missing out on a great experience.

What was your favorite childhood game?

New York Street Games

No comments:

Post a Comment