Hello! Welcome to Ivory Pumpkin. Here you'll find snippets of things that I like and, hopefully soon, of things that I've created. Please stay awhile and browse.







Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I saved my blog!!!


My blog was down for awhile as I had tried to add some fancy background to it. Well, I fiddled around with it a bit and was able to restore it. I have to do some catch up with my blog but, I wanted to share what I saw just today outside of my office building - a praying mantis. I did a little googling and this is what the praying mantis symbolizes:
"Praying Mantis Meanings in the Realms of Animal Symbolism
The mantis comes to us when we need peace, quiet and calm in our lives. Usually the mantis makes an appearance when we've flooded our lives with so much business, activity, or chaos that we can no longer hear the still small voice within us because of the external din we've created.
After observing this creature for any length of time you can see why the symbolism of the praying mantis deals with stillness and patience. The mantis takes her time, and lives her life at her own silent pace. "
Funny, when I saw the praying mantis I was talking to a friend who is going through a very difficult time in her life. I comforted her as much as I could but, now that I think about it I didn't tell her to pray. I'm not a religious person by any means but, she is/was. I'll be keeping in touch with her through this rough time and will comfort her and be there when she needs me but, I will also tell her to pray - to whomever she sees fit. I hope it will help.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back...sorry your blog went AWOL on you. It happens to the best of us, but at least you conquered and are back! I love to check out the 'Animal Symbolism' when I begin seeing certain animals. :o)

    ReplyDelete