Hello! Welcome to Ivory Pumpkin. Here you'll find snippets of things that I like and, hopefully soon, of things that I've created. Please stay awhile and browse.







Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Mists of Avalon - Can anyone recommend follow up books?

This is one of my all time favorite books.
I haven't read anything else yet by Marion Zimmer Bradley and, I have a Barnes & Noble gift card burning a hole in my wallet. I know there's a lot out there by Ms. Bradley and, I can certainly peruse the bookstore but, does anyone out there have a recommendation for her other books? It doesn't have to be by M. Bradley either but, something along the same lines.

Also, has anyone seen the movie/mini series of the Mists of Avalon? I haven't and I want to but, I don't want ot be totally disappointed. If you saw it, did you like it? Is it worth watching?

Thanks for the recommendations!

1 comment:

  1. I can't think of a good follow-up right now, but I would definitely recommend staying away from the miniseries. It had a great cast but it was just terrible I watched about 45 minutes before I gave up. This was when it first aired, so I don't remember all the reasons I thought it was bad but I do remember they had Joan Allen playing Morgause from the beginning, when she was supposed to be about 13, and it was just absurd.

    ReplyDelete