Hello! Welcome to Ivory Pumpkin. Here you'll find snippets of things that I like and, hopefully soon, of things that I've created. Please stay awhile and browse.







Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Joy of....TV!


Yes I will finally admit it. I LOVE TV! I find tv very comforting and entertaining. I watch everything from PBS (Mystery and Masterpiece Theater are my favorites) to what my husband calls "brain rot" (you know stuff like "Flavor of Love" or "Celebrity Rehab") to the Food Network to cartoons. I have no prejudice, if I like it, I watch it.

I will also be the first to admit there is a lot of crap on TV (and some of it I do watch, some I just can't watch - I had a hard time watching Nip/Tuck for some reason). But, there is a lot of good stuff out there too. Especially, vintage TV. I don't know if that's actually a term or not but, I love the old tv shows like I Love Lucy, Leave It To Beaver, Andy Griffith. I grew up in the late 60's and 70's so I also watched The Brady Bunch, Star Trek, Partidge Family and too many cartoons to name.

I'm a bit of an introvert and was very shy as a child so, TV brought the world to me without me having to venture out into the scary world. Sure, I played outside and had friends but, when my friends were not being so friendly or I had no one to play with I would watch TV. TV was my friend. It's kind of sad but, it's true. TV is still my friend. If I'm in an unfamiliar place or feeling uncomfortable I can turn on the TV and find a friend. It's weird, I know.

For example, I've just moved out of my house and am living with my parents for awhile. Not a bad situation but, with all the changes happening I was in need of something familiar. I switched on the tv and lo and behold one of my new favorite kids shows is on - iCarly! I settled back and enjoyed. After the half hour I felt better.

I think I'm going to try to dedicated some blogs to certain TV shows. Maybe a "TV Tuesday". There are some that bring back so many wonderful memories. I hope you'll join me on this journey into TV nostalgia. I would love to hear what your favorite shows are. So...sit back, grab the remote and let's watch some TV!


1 comment:

  1. Oh, tv! We dont have cable any longer, so most of what we watch is either PBS or streamed through the internet with netflix. its awfully handy though, and no commercials! My daughter hardly knows what commercials are, lol!~

    ReplyDelete