Hello! Welcome to Ivory Pumpkin. Here you'll find snippets of things that I like and, hopefully soon, of things that I've created. Please stay awhile and browse.







Wednesday, September 17, 2014

100 Days of Halloween: A Couple of Good Movies for Your Halloween Movie List

I caught up on some movie watching this weekend and watched to really good movies that will get you in the mood for Halloween.

I'm going to go ahead and give the IMDb description. Why re-write what's already good.....

The first is The Possession
A young girl buys an antique box at a yard sale, unaware that inside the collectible lives a malicious ancient spirit. The girl's father teams with his ex-wife to find a way to end the curse upon their child.

This movie is based on a true story and I remember seeing the story on the TV show "The Haunted". Here is a link to the real story The Possession and Its True Story

I like ghost stories more than gore stories. This movie is along the lines of a ghost story with some good surprise moments that scared the crap out of me. 

The other movie I saw was "The Awakening".

In 1921, England is overwhelmed by the loss and grief of World War I. Hoax exposer Florence Cathcart visits a boarding school to explain sightings of a child ghost. Everything she believes unravels as the 'missing' begin to show themselves.

This is a great Halloween movie! Ghosts, a spooky boarding school in England, scary dollhouses, etc. No gore, just a good ghost story. I don't want to give too much away. So, get some popcorn and a blanket, cozy up on the couch and enjoy the movies!

1 comment:

  1. Both of these movies sound really good...like you, I'm not a fan of gore. I don't find it scary, just a bit disgusting. Thanks for recommending these movies!

    Blessings,

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete