Hello! Welcome to Ivory Pumpkin. Here you'll find snippets of things that I like and, hopefully soon, of things that I've created. Please stay awhile and browse.







Wednesday, July 31, 2013

100 Days of Halloween... Halloween in My House, All Year Long

I love Halloween so much that I keep bits of it out all year long. Here are a couple of photos of some things that I have around my house that remind me of Halloween. I apologize for the quality of the photos. I had to take them with my phone.

The Black Cat of Salem Picture

This is actually a card I bought in Salem, MA a few years ago. I bought it with the purpose of framing it. Salem is, I think, my all time favorite vacation spot. I hope to go there someday during their Haunted Happenings.

Spooky House Picture


This is a drawing done by my aunt many, many years ago. I think she was an art student at the time she did it and must have been doing a study in line drawing. It hung in my grandparents house for many years and I'm not quite sure how I ended up with it. I don't think my aunt had it in mind to draw a picture of a "spooky house" but, I can imagine the picture with a little ghost popping its head out of one of the windows and a few bats flying around it. I love to imagine what the inside would look like. This picture hangs next to the Black Cat one and, I see then everyday when I walk in the door.

Witch ATC and Glitter Globe


These two items are on a little bookshelf I have in the living room. The picture of the witch is the first artist trading card I created and the witch glitter globe I bought in Salem, I think the same time I bought the Black Cat card.

I have a couple of other items around the house but, I didn't have the chance to take pictures. I'll post those on another day. I hope you're enjoying the 100 Days of Halloween. I know I am!

Thanks,
Joane


3 comments:

  1. great Halloween decor.
    I love it all, cant pick a favorite:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joane,
    I blogged hopped from Laura and her favorite things.. and found that you too are feeling the early Halloween vibe just as I am.
    I'll be by to see what Halloweeny things you will be up to.
    I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you tell me where you got this witch image! I love it.

    ReplyDelete