Hello! Welcome to Ivory Pumpkin. Here you'll find snippets of things that I like and, hopefully soon, of things that I've created. Please stay awhile and browse.







Tuesday, October 19, 2010

White Wednesday - Queen Anne's Lace

Queen Anne's Lace - Mori Point, Pacifica, CA
About once a week I go hiking on the cliffs near the beach. During the late summer months the cliffs and fields abound with beautiful California wild flowers and, my favorite is Queen Anne's Lace. I love the contrast of such a delicate flower growing on the rugged cliffs in the wind near the crashing waves. I kept telling myself to bring my camera to take a picture of the flowers before they all disappeared.Two weeks ago I finally brought my camera and was getting rather disappointed as most of the flowers had finished blooming. To my surprise peeking out from under the shrubs I found this last little bit blooming on the cliff.  I hope you enjoy your White Wednesday

5 comments:

  1. Ahhhh...these are so PRETTY!!! I'm sure that look awesome out on the cliffs.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Queen Anne's Lace. It always seems to grow in the harshest places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last flowers of the season-to really be enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love Queen Anne's Lace, as well. It's so delicate and beautiful. We saw some this past weekend - probably the last of the season. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sweet farewell to summer...... :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete