Hello! Welcome to Ivory Pumpkin. Here you'll find snippets of things that I like and, hopefully soon, of things that I've created. Please stay awhile and browse.







Wednesday, August 31, 2011

In Search of My Perfect Halloween...The Chilling, Thrilling Sounds of the Haunted House

I got this record when I was a kid, I don't think I was even 10 years old yet.


I still have it. It's at my mom's house. She has a turn table and I listened to it with my son a few months ago. He thought the "Chinese Water Torture" was sooo politically incorrect and, it probably is but, remember I got this record decades ago. This record means Halloween to me. When I got a little older I would darken the house and play the record when kids came for trick or treating. It would scare the crap out of them! I love the noises of the creaking house and howls and screams....AAHHHHH! What memories! When I listened to this record it meant Halloween was just around the corner and I had better start thinking of a costume. Hmmm, what to be this year?

1 comment:

  1. I have a collection of cd's with Sounds and Music for Halloween, similar to yours that I love to play while I'm decorating the house and crafting Halloween things!

    The scarier the better :D

    ReplyDelete