Thank you to D. Suplicki at The Whimsical Cottage and Thank you to Jeanne at The Candy Corn Chronicles for giving me my awards. So nice to be recognized. (I'll get to the 7 things about me and the passing forward in a minute.)
I also want to thank everyone who responded to my "What Brings you Joy?" post. My gosh some of you had me in tears! It's wonderful of you to share your very personal feelings and experiences. It's funny, I started this blog to go with my etsy store, you know promote my items and connect with other artists. But, after the responses to Mondays post I found something much more important in the blog world - connecting with others on an emotional level. I didn't think this was possible to connect over the Internet but, after reading posts and going to other blogs and reading of their experiences it's definitely possible and very rewarding.
The holidays will be a busy time for all of us and I'm not sure how much I'll be around but, I'm going to do my best to post every Monday something for Joyful Monday. I will still give updates on my etsy store and I hope to meet many more people in the blog world but, it will not be the main focus of my blog as originally intended.
Getting back to the awards....hmmmm.....seven things about myself. This his hard! Here goes....
1) I love chocolate. The darker the better and with no nuts!
2) I'm the first American born citizen in my family. I have a sister that is 2 years older than me but, she came here when she was 6 months old.
3) I have a lot of grey/white hair and I have no intention of dying it. I hope for it to be all white like my mom's someday.
4) I'm married and have 3 children. My son 21 from a previous marriage and 2 stepsons. Living with all men/boys has it's advantages and its disadvantages. (Explanation of this could require an entire post all to itself!)
5) I don't mind being alone. I have no problems going to movies, shopping, or just being at home by myself. Although, I do enjoy the company of my little dog Carlos when no one is around.
6) I'm a huge geek! I love Harry Potter, comic books (X-Men is my favorite), comic book conventions, renaissance fairs, Star Wars and Star Trek or anything else that gives me the opportunity to dress up.
7) I believe in Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy and any other kind of fairy there is!
And now to bestow the award. I know the rule was to send this to 15 people but, I think the people that I want to give the awards to have already received it. So, I hope no one gets upset with this but, I've created my own award. I'm going to give it to several people that stand out for me, for one reason or another. I've created the.....
"Carlos Thinks You're Awesome Award"
Wendy at The Halloween Tree - Wendy was my first follower. I can't tell you how happy I was to see that little witch icon on my blog! Both Wendy and I have an imaginary (and maybe someday real) second home in Salem.
Ozma of Odds - Her blog is just visually so beautiful. I love all the vintage white and lace. I want my house to look like her blog.
Jaz at October Farm - because I can't get enough of her recipes! She has become my constant go to for comfort food.
Spellbound In Salem - because I love Salem, MA.
D. Suplicki at The Whimsical Cottage and Jeanne at The Candy Corn Chronicles because they nominated me in the first place.
I'm going to contact each one of you for a special gift. Have a lovely weekend everyone!